R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Cpt.America
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troy Mckune
STOP!

Your making me crazy. One of the best things about this car is the big bore shocks. Kyosho shocks are so incredibly good.

The extreme focus on shaving weight is misguided. Work on driving, car setup, motor/battery/gearing, and tires. If you think shaving another 50 grams will make you the fastest your wrong.

My $.02
Troy.

Dialing in a car, including weight, and working on driving/setup/tires etc.. are NOT mutually exclusive. Your post insinuates that in order to have/do one, you have to give up the other, and that just isn't the case. You can do both, and both have value to your lap times. Fine tuning your weight is one of the best / most significant things you can change on your setup. Weight affects acceleration, nimbleness, braking, and traction. When traction is low, more weight generates more grip, possibly helping lap times. On tracks like mine, where traction is VERY high, too much weight generates too much traction, and you have issues with traction rolling, which DEVASTATES lap times... the lighter the better. 50 grams makes a huge difference.

Nobody is doing any "Extreme focusing".. whatever that is... were just chatting on a forum, that's it. Relax a little.

Last edited by Cpt.America; 01-06-2013 at 05:05 PM.