R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 06:39 AM
Cobra81li200
Tech Addict

Originally posted by shooky
Well here is how it works for ME. By changing the gear ratio, you can use smaller spur gears by which you can move the motor in towards the center line of the car, by which it make the roll center better, by which makes MY car handles better for ME. These assesments are what is working for me. I actually bought it, tried it, enjoy it and will keep it. I am a person who will only give advise or my opinion on things I have either seen or have tried myself. I am not bashing anyone, but tired of people always bashing things that they haven't tried themselves. I happen to like the Product D gears, not only does it help roll center but the gears are aluminum which last longer than the plastic ones. Also you will have to shim the diffs inward so as not to have a binding issue. Hope this helps you make a informed judgement.
Stephen<><
Err, Roll Centre has nothing to do with that, it only depends on the suspension geometry, which you haven't changed by moving the motor closer to the shaft.

By the way, i suggest you have a look at the L/R weight balance of your car, it is not without reason that Masami uses a very big spur gear, it's to counter balance the weight of the pack.

Last edited by Cobra81li200; 10-20-2004 at 06:45 AM.