R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Fake Tamiya 417 vs Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 07:33 AM
uranghanyar
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Bappe
i raced the sakura xi and it was a great car, only problem is that the plastic in the suspension is crap, i broke 2 arms , one c hub and a steering spindle on it, and it wasnt full speed crashes. switched to a xray foam bumper, c hubs and steering blocks and the car was fine again. this was with 17.5 heavily boosted, but if you are racing in slower blinky classes, which seems to be the popular choice in usa then it will hold up alot better in and a bumper change would be the only necessary upgrade.

switched to a tc6.1 in february, have done full speed crashes with it and nothing has been broken yet, plus that i was faster with the tc6.1 from the first time on the track, and that compared to a car that i have been racing all winter and been testing alot of stuff on.

both cars are great so pick one and race, the sakura has a more neutral handling and is super easy to drive, the tc6.1 is also very easy to drive but a little more aggresive than the sakura (which i like) i like the balance in the tc6 more, more rear traction and tons more steering than the sakura
if you are on a tight budget i recommend the sakura s
from this sentence I confused "switched to a xray foam bumper, c hubs and steering blocks" did u mean u use c hub from xray or just chnge it with same brand (3racing)