R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:34 AM
asc6000
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
I'm sure it will be addressed. I haven't run mine yet, but we will see this weekend if the complaints are real. My guess is they are. However, you don't seem to have too much experience with brand new kits. They all have problems.

When Losi released their SCTE, the diff pins were disintegrating because they were too soft. Took losi like three months or so to get a fix out. However, someone stepped up in the interim to get replacement pins out to fix the problem. Of course, they never really addressed the RTR quality issue with the car, but whatever. Spend more on hopups than the car itself.

Castle's Mamba Monster was blowing up left and right when the first came out.

Tekin's RX8 would crap out all the time when it first came out. They finally had to redesign the case.

The Durango Dex410still has piss poor ball cups. Need to spend $70 bucks on lunsford ones to keep them from popping off from downsiding a jump. The hinge pins bend like some kind of magic trick. Had to by McMaster Carr ones and cut them yourself. Plastic Diff Hoops burn up on the car. Need to spend $40 bucks to get the aluminum ones. The front arms are kind of weak. Same issues on the 4wd SCT.

From my build so far, this car is well and above anything on the market. Looking at how stout it is, there probably isn't enough flex in the car to absorb impacts so the weakest point has to give at some point. The 3mm shock towers are probably the weakest point on the car. Diff gears could be flawed or it could be people just not setting their slippers right. Who knows. I don't think the weight savings is worth it and would have preferred metal gears, so I don't know what Xray was thinking.
Well said, I get too emotional.