Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 09:26 PM
asc6000
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

broke the camber rod part of the rear tower off... I had been wondering how you could do that, heres my story. Simple, accelerate 5 feet over a small double to an immediate 180 at the finish line. The 180 is around a pvc rail stacked two high and held by a spike pounded in the ground... well I landed on top of the pipe and slid... right into the spike head. Looked like the front hit as it slid off the rail (keep in mind this all happens in a ten foot space so the speed was slow) and I looked down to check and it looked okay so I took off but it was apparent after a couple turns something was wrong.
SO.... we looked carefully at the arms and could not see the impact mark so we could not confirm what I thought i saw (the front hit) but it must have caught the right rear arm. So a nice sharp (not big at all) shot broke that off ? Where does it get the angle or force ? hmmmm Not the cars fault at all, track maintainence would have cured that for me and many others.
Anyway I still love it.
Out of curiosity at your local indoor clay track do they stop watering the track a week before rebuilding ?

Last edited by asc6000; 01-03-2013 at 09:32 PM. Reason: track?