R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Capricorn 190mm EP
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 05:21 PM
DS Motorsport
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gsxr0311
any new results for this car, are people happy with it?
At my hometrack we have 3 TE-01's running and all 3 drivers have been very happy with their cars. The precise fit is still there and no visible wear on any of the parts. The car also seems to be really strong, one of the guys had a faulty steering servo which sometimes didn't came back to center. This caused him to hit the boarding pretty hard, put no broken parts. The only thing which can happen when you hit the boards, and you don't use a servo saver, it can cause the servo mount to move a bit so the car will pull to one side. However when you change the standard screws for some high quality (12,9) steel screws you can tighten the mount a lot harder and the issue disappears.
Or you can use a servo saver of course when you hit the boards several times during a run.

I previously ran the Awesomatix and at the first race with the TE-01 I improved my personal best by 1 tenth. This currently is also the fastest time set during a race.
One of the other guys improved his personal best by 7 tenths, he moved up from a low a-main finisher to a podium contender.
Several experienced drivers, previous ets winners, also tested the car and all have been very positive about the car's handling. One of them improved his personal best within the first battery he tried my car!.