R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 PM
QDRHRSE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goodhews
Having nothing but problems with kyosho cvd's. For a while I was just having an axle snap every 2-4 weeks. But, went to the MIP cvds broke the driveshaft right off. Switched back to the kyosho cvd's finished the night. Saturday I ended up breaking 2 driveshafts, and then today at a totally different track broke 2 more driveshafts....

Not sure why my axles have stopped breaking, but really wishing the driveshafts would stop.
It's an SP, with a 13.5. I run my diffs on the loose side. I drive slow and relatively easy on my vehicle
That's strange. Could it have to do with the way you have the slipper and diff adjusted? I race stock & mod sc, stadium truck, and buggy every week and have been doing so for quite a while. I have sc-r sps, an RT5, and an RB6. I do occasionally break an axle, the FFM lifetimes help a bit, but I've never broken a shaft.....worn out a few, but never twisted ot snapped one. Our track is fairly Kyosho partial and that is not a common problem.....I've never seen it happen. One of the locals is a fully sponsored Kyosho driver and I haven't even seen it happen to him and he practices every day pretty much.