R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 12:26 PM
DesertRat
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
So I am getting a lot of chassis rub when running mod 12th. This is with 10k tube lube running a whole host of different side springs.

Is this something that is fairly common with mod 12th on a fairly technical track, or should I try addressing it with thicker tube lube?

I have only ran mod on very flowing layouts before with very few abrupt direction changes and chicanes, so I am in unfamiliar territory with our current layout. I am also concerned about making the car too edgy and burning through rear traction if I use thicker tube lube, since our carpet is medium traction at best with our normal practice and racing.

Car is a CEFX, currently using 10k tube lube, SM linear side springs just touching. Any ideas?
A stiffer center shock spring will do a better job of holding the momentun change, while stiffer springs usually do mean more steering, when my car was dragging and diffing out it gave me a much better overall traction. If the change of center spring loosens the back end too much, try increasing the angle of the center shock with the old spring to make it more progressive.