R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New LRP Flow Esc
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 02:24 AM
008-Racer
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson
It really is just a case of trial and error unfortunately, I don't mind giving out my settings to a certain degree for a base line, and I know this sounds mean, but why should someone spend a day at the track refining settings (which is costing money) to then just give them away to someone who doesn't want to put in the time and effort.

I could understand that being harsh if I had any links to Lrp or Nosram but I don't. And as Sean mentions, hardly anyone in the US runs boosted now.

If its any help to WTCC, Olly J uses Reedy motors with boosted here...
Luke thanks for your message!

You've actually been a great help but your settings didn't work for me sadly

I was running a Reedy 17.5 & 13.5 but found it getting a little too hot and it also stuttered a little on full throttle, this did improve when I got rid of the torque timing but I just couldn't get any low end grunt

I have tried many things like gearing and reducing timing on the can and boost etc

But just when I think I am on top of it I go to a different track and its way off!!

I was just getting lost with it, I have now got X12's to see if they make life a little easier

I have spoken with OJ but sadly he is not running the same software that we all have :-( as his settings don't mean anything to what's on the instructions

I will continue to keep testing and when I find something that does work well I will be very happy to post it.