R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New LRP Flow Esc
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 02:15 AM
scoyle
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson
It really is just a case of trial and error unfortunately, I don't mind giving out my settings to a certain degree for a base line, and I know this sounds mean, but why should someone spend a day at the track refining settings (which is costing money) to then just give them away to someone who doesn't want to put in the time and effort.

I could understand that being harsh if I had any links to Lrp or Nosram but I don't. And as Sean mentions, hardly anyone in the US runs boosted now.

If its any help to WTCC, Olly J uses Reedy motors with boosted here...
Luke, it was great of you to give out your base settings - I was very glad to get my hands on them as it meant I was in the ball park from the start (and didn't blow a motor trying to find a base!). Thanks for your work.

I also agree with you that speedo settings are key now to a days racing and if you or the likes of Olly gave out settings then they would lose the advantage on the track as everyone would just copy them.

The other thing to take into account is that settings are very much down to track size, motor type and personal preference (whether you like a smooth or aggressive car) so anything other than the base that Luke has kindly given out would not be that much use.

I am hoping to get out with my LRP Flow this weekend for some practise and I will put my settings up here afterwards for 10.5 boosted but whether they are any use...