R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi MF2 Thread
Thread: Losi MF2 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 01:14 AM
speedydave
Tech Regular

I'll second the recommendation of the Losi blue (thick) tire glue. Best tire glue I've ever used, period (I've tried about half a dozen different, and reputable brands). No matter how well I prep the tires and rims, the Losi stuff stays stuck the best. On several occasions, I've been too lazy to prep the tires/rims, and I still haven't had to re-glue any of those tires.

I'd just like to note, however, that the tires I didn't prep were Pro-Line tires. Losi tires have a funky brownish residue on them (probably mold-release agent) that I believe may not allow the glue to stick as well (all tires have some residue on them, but some are worse than others), so I make sure to ALWAYS prep my Losi tires. A simple swab of some nitro clean or motor spray squirted onto a paper towel is all it takes to clean them off.

Pick up a bottle of the blue (thick) Losi glue, and use the little tube that comes with it (just cut a small part off and use that, so the tube lasts you a while). Strongest, easiest, least messy tire gluing setup I've found. The Losi glue is some of the cheapest at the shop, too.