R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD
Old 12-31-2012, 01:17 AM
evostyle
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

Originally Posted by froggie22
I didn't think there was much difference. I have also just noticed that on the Hobbywing site the 1S shows more programmable options, ie turbo and boost setting. Where as the v2.1 didn't have those. I will stick with the 1S.

Thanks for the quick reply!
Hi Froggie, I'm running the 1S with 2cell mod 4wd buggy with a LRP 7.5 and it works great. You do need to install the heatsink and run the fan for lower turn motors. 17.5 or 21.5 would probably be ok without.

This is right off the US hobbywing distributor site.

How to install the heat sink on to Xerun 120A 1S ESC?
Please find 3 steps instruction
Before proceed, please note that it is your sole responsibility to install the heat sink on ESC. Hobbywing nor FalconSEKIDO won't be able to ensure the performance as result of the installation.

Step 1
Open the upper case of product.

Step 2
After opening the upper case, remove the top cover (1S design)

Step 3
Insert the accessory heat sink from the bottom side of upper case, then close the upper case.

Done!!

I just reused the heat sink tape that was under the 1S plate for the new heatsink.

I also noticed the different programming option, however I'm 99% sure they have the same programming once the software is updated. This comes from a team driver for hobbywing. He said the photo (of the options) was a old photo.