R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 11:56 AM
OleC
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by asc6000
The manual doesn't show a one dot front but it does show a three dot front. Please advise. I found it slightly disturbing when the shock shaft wobbles like a drunken sailor. Anyone else notice that ? Durangos wobble, Kyoshos and Losis don't (quick check of vehicles within reach). I won't run mine till tomorrow, I sure hope they don't leak like sieves. Good thing I'll be running the Kyosho as well and have a spare set of big bores I can try on the xb4.
One thing that concerned me when looking at the manual before I got the car was the slipper adjuster but after building I like it. As someone just said a bench test even at the looser of the recommended setting seems a bit tight and it may be fine after break in but with the gear issue in mind I 'll start with a very loose slipper.
With a new car I'll just make some casual laps checking trims etc and just driving around and NOT worry about how "fast" it is or whatever. Spend a whole pack never going full blast, stopping every 5-10 laps to check and set things, 10-15 minutes.
Make sure you adjust the slipper to the updated setting", 5.8-6.3mm I belive?

I have had no problem with shocks leaking on mine.

I did make quite a fuzz regarding shimming of the diffs (crown and pinion) a while back. Even got the attention of Xray employees
I choose to leave the shims in there, and my gears are still in great shape. I do not buy the argument of plastic gears expanding as much as they would have to in order to get perfect mesh, in my car at least. And after replacing the front bulkehad, the same shiming was needed there as well...
Not saying you all should run an shim your gears, but I just want to share my experience so far

I also broke a rear tower at the top. This tower was not sanded and glued. As someone stated here, you dont sand and glue for strength. And I agree.
However, with edges rounded I belive there is less chance of snagging, which I belive broke my rear tower.