R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Capricorn LAB-C01
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 01:48 AM
blis
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Italboy
Thank you very much!
Which servo (Savox) would you recommend?
For the horns I will have a look on both, TM and 3Racing.
Greetings Italboy,

So you finally moved to walking the RED carpet I see. Firstly, the kits are not like a Team Magic, they are racing kits and you need a lot of your own experience where Team Magic builds are an experience in themselves. So don't be disappointed, the road is long and you will feel the smile when it comes together.

I can not ignore that other very experienced owners claim that a TOP END servo adds the the turning characteristics, they are surely correct. We use Savox, The fast metal geared ones. Also the low profile inder the top plate for steering to get CG down.

We reamed the arms hinge pins with a Hudy, built it, ensuring there's play in the two speed (spur/hub from bulkhead) and you will need your own shims and screws to get it built. I'm sure you know what you are doing with the build and the other advice was fill the diffs "full".

get it on track, losen it up and find the two speed point (making sure you 2 speed shoe in correct direction and watch out to get 2speed spur screws in, I "countersunk" carefully by hand...

Clutch starting point, .5mm spring retainer from crank thread, .5 clutch gap and just a little endlplay.

Radio gear is fun... Ill let you work your own system!

enjoy