R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CEFX, anyone have issues with them shipping?
Old 12-26-2012, 05:01 PM
Andy Koback
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

This off the CEFX thread on Hobbytalk!!!

Hello everyone. Yep, it's been a bit since I've been up here but with my own reasons. As you see from the link posted, I am no longer the owner of CEFX. The company was actually purchased over a month ago and since I've been working with Viper on the future of the company as well as all the ongoing logistics.

I spent the better part of 2 weeks over in Taiwan and Thailand for some Viper product development as well as setting up the foundation for the future of CEFX production and product line. Before you throw your hands in the air that it's not made in the US, all the CEFX aluminum has been China or Hong Kong made for the past several years. After seeing the capabilities and quality that now roll out of the factory in Taiwan I am extremely confident the quality will be better than anything CEFX previously had.

In a few weeks, the current CEFX site will be gone and a new one will be put in its place as it will be 100% managed from Seatle. CEFX orders will no longer ship from us here in Michigan. We will set a cut off date for the transition for orders to be filled by us here (not known quite yet). Viper is much more on top of its game when it comes to shipping and customer support than us here so I am sure everyone will be happy with the coming changes.

For the oval cars, all of the kits themselves have been discontinued - However, we will continue to support the parts for racers still using those cars so there shouldn't be any worries there. Lithium, Balius and Xanthos parts will continue to have parts support.

In regards to CEFX oval cars, there is no immediate plans to create any new 1/10 or 1/12 oval cars at this time. It may be considered at a later date but for the 2012/2013 season there will be no new developments from CEFX for the oval market.

In regards to current orders - If you would like a refund, please just send us an e-mail and we will get it done. If you still would like the product, I will be cutting this weekend and next week to catch up orders and start to build inventory to be shipped to Seatle.