R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC10 Team Car, 20+ years later
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Radi0Flyer
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
if you have a 17.5 thats good..Just get the shocks together,run the same spring setup as the current b4 with oil and pistons..Later I would update the slipper..The newb4 slipper and top shaft fits the old car as do the newer front axles,steering knuckles ..I know all this because I run a team car for fun with the new updated parts..Shocks are your main concern,get them dialed and clean the tranny up and you will be good(for a while) there are also ways to convert to current wheels...Gonna take a few dollars
Originally Posted by Theibault
Lol, I have that same receiver in a drift car. As far as your questions, I think on the shocks I'd just do a rebuild of what you have on there unless you are ok with spending some money for big bores. I think 13.5 boosted would be perfect for power. I'd change to a 2.4gHz radio. I had the same car, wish I still had it. It got thrown out when my Dad moved 10yrs ago. Still got your body? If not, they are still available.
Thanks guys. I don't mind spending money. If I did I certainly wouldn't have four boys!

A lot of the fun is building these things. Maybe I should get some really shinny parts (like Integy or similar) and just hype them. The kid hasn't learned that shinny does not equal fast yet.

Sean