R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 09:20 AM
t8rtot
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

One of the biggest things I noticed after the track was rebuilt was how the 22s were looking for steering and the B4s were looking for rear grip. There were 3 other Rb6 and we noticeably weren't in need of anything. I didn't change anything on my car all day except tires for a different feel.

I also noticed I was able run aka inserts to make the front end less aggressive because the car had way to much steering.

Several other drivers comments on how the car did everything well and one associated owner jokingly called the car a silent assassin because I wasn't making changes or asking for tips or what the others were running.

I've NEVER been so satisfied with a car out if the box. Only broke one part in 3hrs of run time between friday practice and racing all day saturday was the steering rack and it was after bouncing off if pipes all day and slamming into a pipe with the wheels turned coming off a table top. I put the exotek part on and now have a little better feel in the steering but other than that it's been super solid.

I'd recommend .5 & 1mm shims to allow adjustments like ballstuds heights etc but other than that, just run it.