R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How many want to run 1/12 scale brushless Novak 4300?
Old 10-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Clegg

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hehe hackers arent an issus at LAN's, because we just take them out back and let 150 people beat the crap outta them

I am not going to argue that brushless isn't supperior.. it is in ALMOST every way. one big way its not.. is support from standards setting organizations like ROAR, the high initial cost, and support from most tracks.

I wont run anything BUT a brushless in the truck... cause I dont want to deal with the headaches. But I do realize that if I am going to run in an actual spec class as other people in many tracks run, I am going to need to work a little harder to get there by using the items they dictate.

When I say competitive, I mean that a .6 oz ESC is going to be better than a 1.5 oz ESC. An ESC with .001 ohms is going to be better than one with .005 ohms. A freshly turned comm is going to be better than one with several runs on it. New brushes are going to better than cooked brushes. Spec racing is what I call competitive.
Umm its not that black or white. Different people see competitive as different things. Some see that as "must win" some see it as "must compete". I am in the compete category. I could care less if I win, because if I need to morgage a house to get to a point I can win and spend 40 hours a week tweaking and practicing... well screw that I should be paid for that kinda work

and yeh I have a personal transponder... because the track I ran at over the summer didnt have handouts.