R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MUGEN SEIKI MRX5
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 03:11 PM
bmain57
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by avs
sorry if this has been covered, but i couldn't find it with several searches.

i have been out of it for several months, but last time i ran my car the latest new thing was the worlds clutch. it looked like no change to the shoe or clutch bell.

i stopped by a race last weekend to catch up and saw a clutch getting worked on, noticed several new changes.
1- the clutch shoe was a darker glossy yellow
2- the bell looked very slick like it had a special coating
3- the pinion gears were very dark in color
4- they oiled the brand new shoe on assembly

is there a new shoe material and clutch bell that are popular?
does this oiling trick work for the older light yellow shoe material?

i used to sand the inside surface of the clutch bell, sounds like this is part of my problems with clutch wear.
thanks for helping me catch up on things.
There is a new material for the clutch shoe which is a lot darker in color then your clutch shoes, same part number just different material, and we have been using the older clutch bells, different part number, was for the mrx3 I believe, same angle but the coating seems to last longer and less shoe wear then the newer bells ....never sand the inside of your bell it will take off the coating and make your shoe wear a lot faster. Once your bell begins to have a groove on the inside its over ...and you will begin to see a lot of yellow shoe material and shorter shoe life...also the oil help break in the shoe ....