R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Bob Barry
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
We had the Cream towers on the buggy since they came out and almost always ran 2mm under the front ballstud. When the Tresrey mounts came out we put them on and kept the setup the same otherwise. Our track is very high grip sticky clay, and wound up needing another .5mm to smooth out the steering and help with traction rolling. While we may not have needed the 1mm lower mount at our home track, it's certainly nice to be able to further tune the buggy when we travel to other tracks. And achieving the same height as stock simply means one more washer than the stock setting requires.
Interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the height that they are referring to on the shock tower the mounting position? Or are you saying that the 1mm and 2mm lowered tower is actually the ball stud is lower?

I interpreted it as though the ball stud was the same, but the mounting positions at the top were lowered. Kind of like you used to see on 8th scales back in the day, 2 sets of holes on the tower to mount the shock, an upper and a lower. Is this incorrect?

From their site:
"Lower the shock mounting position 1mm down to reduce the role and to improve steering response. " <--front
"Lower the shock mounting position 2mm down to reduce the role and improve rear grip." <-- Rear

Also just remembered that the ballstud is independent of the tower so that just leads me to believe that the mounting holes are what was different. Anyway thanks for any feedback. I love reading and absorbing as much as I can