R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 07:20 AM
valk
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I dont think my package came with any parts to make links for the outer location, so that makes the decision easier lol. the difference in these bars is pretty subtle without taking them out ive noticed. the 1.2 and 1.4 bars look and feel identical as the stripes are covered by the center'er.
actually had a 1.4 in the back of my stock car without really noticing lol.

for my mod car, i had it setup pretty much the same as my stock one with a little more droop and lower rollcenters a little. i dont run mod locally so what other differences should i try? the cars should drive the same at the same speed, but they dont lol. i use a ton of negative expo trying to keep the power in check on a 12th scale track but the rear end still comes around quite easily.
the stock car is planted and very easy to drive, but the mod car, with 90% of the same setup and same tires is a drift car even at low throttle lol.

also, this car doesnt seem to have a wide steering angle.
on my stands, i try to set my touring cars up to 25º full lock but this car doesnt seem to go that far? im running pancar servo savers on both so they should have enough swing but the link will hit the swingrack before i get to 25º

ill have to watch some faster serpent guys at speed weekend i guess to see what they are doing. ill probably take both cars appart and assemble as per kit as i received them preassembled.