R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 10:27 PM
zipperfoot
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chevmaro
Do you guys find this buggy to be very consistent? Or are you constantly changing the setup like I am? It seems I have to tune it often if the track changes. I never really have it where I want it. It's always pretty good but not great. Overall I am happy with the buggy but frustrated at the same time that I can't make it drive the same each day at the track. It seems I always have too much rear traction and not enough steering. Or too much steering not enough traction. I would like to get to the point where the setup is good and I can just tune with tires. I have gone back to a full stick pack because I have found it to be more consistent. However I have not been able to beat my fastest lap with the shorty about .3 off.
This was my experience. I really loved the buggy. The quality, look, feel, but i just couldnt get it where i wanted. To be honest i feel the weak link was me. Not for lack of driving skill, but lack of tuning skill. For example, It took me several rebuilds to get the ball diff right. Ended up trying another brand. But still a great buggy. May revisit it sometime down the road.