R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 12-18-2012, 06:37 PM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by edhchoe
That sounds biased. Ask any newcomer to the hobby. I'd bet the fgx will get a lot more votes for realism than any solid axle chassis with a spur gear showing on the side.
Not at all...I was simply explaining why most f1 cars were originally designed as solid axle and continue to be designed that way. I have nothing against the FGX...my race and many if not most races in the US allow the FGX specifically because the suspension is more true to scale. I've got a FGX myself that I race...it is currently shelved waiting on the new Exotek chassis and front suspension adapter for the IFS. Right now I'm running my F1R trying to figure out which style chassis is going to be faster around our track. Our track is rather bumpy and grip is only about medium so the FGX has been the dominant car but now the direct drive cars are starting to figure setup out and getting to be faster than the FGX.

You'll find many if not most of the people who push the scale aspect of the class accept the FGX whole heartedly...where we have issues with F1 chassis design is with the ones that run suspension arms that are just from a 1/10th or 1/12th pan car and bolted to the chassis outside of the body and with cars that use 1/10th scale pan car rims and tires.