R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Franchise Racing Official Thread!
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 05:05 PM
FranchiseRP
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Franchise Racing Products would like to welcome it's newest member Adam Buchholtz! Here is a little write up on Adam, and you can read even more of what he has to say on our website!

Here are some of Adam's
comments:

"I started racing oval in the late 80's until the track burnt down. I was very young but did very well. There was no other oval track in the area at the time so I shelved everything. Around 1998 I found Larry's Performance R/C and started with touring car. Originally I was running rubber tire then foam and like many times in this hobby/sport people couldn't make up their mind what they wanted to run (rubber or foam). I also started my first business and due to frustration with the hobby, and having to dedicate time to my business I faded away from the hobby again. In 2009 I found MSI Racing & Hobbies in Roseville and learned that they did oval racing. Since the last time I had raced, technology had changed, brushless motors, lipo batteries, and 2.4 radios. I started all over fresh, and did very well again. Oval use to be a very big class in Michigan but seen it fading away, I also wanted to travel for races. But with oval, the nearest large race event would be Oval Masters in TN, then Snowbirds in FL. My friends pushed me to try touring car, mainly because of the number of tracks in a short drive and the number of large races held for touring car classes.
I wanted to focus on just 17.5 with the hopes of transitioning into a modified class. I met great people not only at MSI but in the general race scene, all of which that taught me something. The other thing I had found was I could find horse power. I took the time to test motors, rotors, and batteries then match them up to work the best.
I did try racing indoor dirt at a track in Livonia, MI. Both 4wd short course and 8th Scale buggy. I did enjoy the racing, but I missed carpet , so I have decided to mainly focus on road racing, but for extra track time I am going to start racing indoor stadium truck at Larry's Performance R/C in Sterling Heights, Mi."

Good Luck Adam! Great to have you on board!