R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 12:49 PM
WideOpenThrottle RC
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by M3Man03
I was tryin to think of a way of explaining what I am thinking the problem is but it's difficult.

The slipper plates are keyed - meaning they have to fit in the slot on the shaft properly. If you don't, it seems that things dont fit right and you can't tension the slipper properly.

Take a pic of the setup as you had it and maybe we can see better.

The back slipper plate ends up being REAL close to the motor plate (less than 1/8") when properly seated and you will have about 1-3mm of screw sticking out of the nut on the back side once snugged up.

This is one good and bad thing about this car - it's VERY precise but it's also a very advanced build. More often than not, I see people having problems due to build issues, rather than bad parts.
I appreciate your response, the slipper pads are indeed in the correct spot, I can crank the nut down till the spring no longer compresses and the car still unloads under power, not saying I didn't make a build error as this is probably only my 3rd electric build but I raced nitro for 10 years and built at least 30 kits, I'm a machinist by trade so I tend to have an eye for the details . I'm going to pull it all apart tonight to inspect it but may try doubling up pads or the tape idea because no matter how much tension is on it it's not grabbing.