R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 08:06 PM
3D-Seth
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobinmt
Help!!

My XTI is handling amazingly well with one exception, at the end of the straight we have a tight 180 corner and sometimes my car will just slide out as I enter the corner? My car is pretty much stock and were running 17.5 blinky on a very tight track. Grey low rears and chrome fronts both safety glued. I'm running 10,000 in the tubes, white side springs and white center spring and 50 front springs.
I'm using sticky finger traction compound with full treatment on the rear and about a 1/4 of the inside of the front tires. I tried a gold center spring that I thought would be softer and that didn't seem to help in fact it might have been a touch worse?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance..

Bob
Bob,

I'm no expert by any means but at our local track I had a similar issue.

I'm running it pretty much box stock but I did change to 0 degree caster blocks, and I'm running Yellow Rears/Black fronts, green center spring.

Switching from Chrome fronts and Grey Low rears to Black fronts and Yellow rears seemed to keep my car from doing that. I'm using SXT traction compound here, and doing full rears and 3/4 inside on the fronts. So far it seems (to me anyway) that tires are about 85% of the overall setup of the car. Give the above set a try.