R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 07:21 AM
The Captain
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Alright guys, got my F104 Pro out to the track yesterday now I need some setup advice

Track is roughly 70x30', high bite carpet

The car has a push, but also has a TON of steering. It is VERY easy to over steer and spin it out in the turns. I was doping the entire rear tires (TCS Rubber) and the inside 1/2 of the fronts. Everything is box stock, less the spur gear and tires.

(setup off the top of my head)
Rear ride height is in the lowest position.
45wt oil in the shock
30k wt diff oil on the rear damper plates, spring compressed with ~7mm thread showing (manual says start with 4mm)
0° camber
Reedy 5000mAh LiPo placed as far forward as possible with foam blocks in the back to keep it forward

This was just my initial setup from the build. I took it out on the track just to get a feel for it and see where I needed to make adjustments. I spent the majority of my time adjusting the diff and breaking in the tires though.

What I planned on doing was placing the battery all the way back for starters, and see where that got me. I also have a high traction T plate on order, so I'll put that in as well. From there, adjusting the rear shock spring/oil, rear damper oil, removing the middle screw from the T plate, and removing chassis standoffs to achieve more flex. I've got the front screw set coming in with the T plate as well.

Am I heading in the right direction?