R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 966
Thread: Serpent 966
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 10:05 PM
sm4100
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JIM1
Hi people,

I am currently running the front hubs with larger bearings, is this ok? If I was to use the small bearings with eccentric housings what position should I run them in and what effect would it give? Also, with regard to the hubs being marked 1 and 2, I am using No1 on the right. What effect does it have if I were to swap them.

Thanks in advance

I don't see any problem in running bigger bearings, just more mass to turn around but more solid and long lasting than the small original ones. Many pro racers do that. Just make sure your belt is not too loose or too tight.

Regarding the eccentric position, they only adjust the belt tension that's it because they put the inner axle forth or back.

I have heard so many tech theories about the position of the eccentric but honestly I believe they just strach or loose the belt nothing else. The position of the front wheels will not change with the eccentric carrying the one way, unless we are talking about the wheel hub eccentric.

1 and 2 stands for left and right but in this case I think you are talking about the whell hub right?