R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 12-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Borik
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MRDYOSHI
I run an SCTE with the MIP pro4mance set up and will have to say I experienced the same problem. It was slower at first and couldn't figure it... so I re-looked at my set and used Matt Olson's set from SDRC (my local track) and made a few changes to accommodate my driving style. Now... the truck is on rails. This is what I figured out. First: MIP shocks pistons need to be set up in rebound (reverse) I used green & matte white with 50wt F / 45wt R. Blue MIP springs in front and TLR orange rear springs. Second: I tossed the MIP shock towers and kept the TLR ones. They are thicker and seemed to be better (plus look at the notes from Matt O. on them on his set up sheets). Third: Use the short ackerman arm... the truck will benefit from this to help it dive into the corners better. Fourth: Gear up. I found that I need to go up a tooth on pinion because my motor temps were way lower (150* down to the 120's*) because of the freeing up of the drive train... it helps. Lastly: Run it low. I ran my indoor set up outdoor and was still awesome. Fifth: run max anti squat and 3 or 3.5* neg rear toe... .5* makes a huge difference Only thing I changed was ride height to help with the bigger bumps and jumps.

Hopefully that helps. I run up against the Tekno SCT410 all the time (Tekno's home track) and I can keep up with a few of them...and I am not that good. haha
Thanks for the input. I'll try going back to TLR towers and go from there.