R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Granpa
Tech Elite

Thank you all, but the post was only to let you know that life is good. I do appreciate and enjoy each day more than before, take less for granted, appreciate each friend and kind word or act more than when i was younger.

Also, that careful construction and attention to detail in your set ups can keep you competitive. Don't win many races these days, but the lap times haven't slipped much if any. What's happened is that the guys are getting faster and their set ups are better. Hopefully, I had a bit to do with that cause I've shared much info over the years and have posted quite a bit.

Unfortunately, this has ruffled a few feathers, which is okay. A little controversy is good for the discussion. However, one must acknowledge that someone having a differing opinion, does not make him your mortal enemy. Really, there is more than one "good" way to build a diff, or shock length, or set up, or combination of spring and shock oil, etc. I will admit to getting irritated when someone pontificates. But that's a failing of mine and needs a bit of attention.