View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 05:48 PM
WideOpenThrottle RC
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Cspurlock
WOT,
A bunch of stuff sounds weird.
1st off you say you tightened the diff till the outdrives wont turn withyour hand? I how you meant that the gear won't turn like the video shows you because if you tightened it so that the outdrives won't turn...WOW! that is your problem.

2nd if the 1st isnt the problem, the way you describe their being slop after you tightened the diff and it seemed like the rings aren't sitting down properly isn't correct either, so that is the next thing to look into.

3rd if all the above isn't the problem, then yes I would agree the slipper may be your culprit. you should not be tighening it all the way down for starters, so if that is the case, dump the aftermarket spur, put the stock gear and slipper pads back in and try it again to see if you can get it to work normal. If you can, then go back and figure out what is going on with your aftermarket stuff.
Let me rephrase, while assembling the diff initially while it is out of the car the video states to slowly tighten the diff screw while rotating the outdrives with your fingers. It states to do this to the point of not being able to turn them with finger pressure. Install the diff in the tranny then mount it in the car. Then with the wheels on I could spin the wheels and they would freewheel before stopping about 2 full turns which is loose, so tightening the diff in 1/8-1/4 increments while holding one tire and giving like 25 percent throttle for ten seconds alternating back and forth a couple times to seat the balls, I continued doing this tightening in between break in sessions until the wheels would only spin about 1/2 a revolution which is where I have broken in other diffs on the track. Since everything is still assembled I think I will put on the stock spur and pads and try that to see if it eliminates anything before I pull everything apart.