R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team C 1/8 GT car
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 03:07 PM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

OK just got home from shakedown runs, i went through about 5 tanks today and not a scratch on the body! definately needs some adjusting as there are a few things that need to be addressed.

I didnt like the 100k in the front, most are running 300k on the serpents but i felt a Serpent dif and mine at 100k feels thicker than the Serpents so i am going to drop to 50k.

On the 5th tank i chewed up the main gear, when i installed the motor i pushed it as far into the mesh as i could so it looks like i need to do some chassis grinding to get a proper mesh.

I recommend immediately replacing the servo horns, they are all soft and mind didnt last very long at all. Bad news is that if it chews up the spline while you are under braking your throttle will be close to wide open (ask me how i know!!)

Handling wise i didnt really do to much chassis tuning was more concerned with the motor and making sure screws stayed tight!! but i will say that with the body off the car was very nimble but when i finally installed the body it pushed pretty bad to the point where i had to use the brakes to get it to turn in. An easy fix for this is to cut the wing down but i think im just going to make a wing that has no Gurney flap but has the side dams for stability, if i need more rear traction i will construct a diffuser. I heard that the AUDI body creates more front grip so next weekend i will test it but right now i dont want to make too many changes. I also think it needs more droop, especially in the rear.

My XZ-R comes in tomorrow!! But im not going to install it until i get the chassis closer to performing like i want. but i am going to take my Alpha motor apart over the weekend and do some porting, it really needs some top end!

I will continue to post my progress as i go!
Pic with Alpha wheels:

Last edited by MantisWorx; 12-13-2012 at 03:20 PM.