R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 02:22 PM
geeunit1014
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesertRat
My setup is such
Rear: 35wt shock oil, Green (12 pound, softest) spring, far inner hole on the tower and the arm stand your rear shocks up to the 3rd hole on the tower, and the middle hole on the arm, soft swaybar (white? Whichever is kit-stock), zero dot standard front arm mount, offset zero dot rear, 1-degree rear hub inserts change this to 0, 3.5 degrees total rear toe add shims so you get back to 3.5 toe with 0* hubs. should be able to use a 1mm shim on the front block and a 2mm shim on the rear offset block, 2 degrees of camber, camber link in the inner top corner on the shock tower (no vertical mounts, just the carbon tower) with a 1mm spacer under the outer mountchange to as much as you cen get under the wheel. should be able to get 2.5mm with a tall BS, 40wt oil in the diff, 5mm ride height, approx. 2mm of droop. Sweep EXP30 Kitty Rug tires with Paragon traction compound full sauce, diff at low in the chassis as it will getmid low.
Front: 50wt shock oil, Gold (19.5 pound) front springAE silver, zero toe0.5* out, third-to-inner mount on the tower, outermost mount on the arm, yellow swaybar (again, kit stock, harder than the rear), spool, two degrees of camber1.5 front camber, middle inner camber link positionposition 1 on the tower, two degree caster inserts, offset 2-dot mounts front and rear in the B hole (I think, I’m doing this from memory)go to 0B OS, with a 1mm shim all around, 1.5mm of droop (the spring won’t allow much more), 5mm of ride height, diff in the middle high positionmid low. Half sauce on the front tires.
I run a 17.5 motor at 4.0:1 gearing, the car has decent balance and all of the screws holding the top-deck stiffness are in place take the 2 screws out of the layshaft bulkheads.
I run on low-grip dusty carpet, the car is adamantly terrible, and the kit-stock setup with silver springs front and rear without the massive toe in was undriveable. It is getting better with each change I make to force the car into rear grip, but I don’t know how to add kickup or dive, squat or anti-squat in the process.
Is the car just a lemon or should I keep fighting? I'm not totally clueless, I know the car should have rear grip at some point, I've checked chassis tweak and every moving part on the car moves free in every dimension, but I'm at a loss here.
Your setup is a lot different than what most of us would run. My suggested changed is red above. It seems like the rear of your car is extremely soft, which will let the car dump over in corners and become very loose. The front of the car is extremely stiff, which is probably an adjustment for the rear, but it just makes the front end wash out probably. Those changes should get you more in the ballpark of how I know the car likes a setup on carpet.