R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 08:20 PM
98tahoeboy
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by valk
so should i leave the flex deck on the te car for stock, and the one peice motor mount on the mod car? i don't have a lot of tracktime with touring cars sadly =(
the stock car felt pretty good when i had it out, just want some more out of the mod car if i can.
Honestly I would try switching motors on the cars and see how that feels. With the flex deck the car is more planted a safer car not that car that can be hurried slightly to catch some one. This past Sunday at my local track I ran the 2mm flex all day because I knew what the 2mm standard cut felt like. I put the 2mm flex on cut as well and the more I ran the car the more it screwed it self into the ground. I think it really works the tires to make grip. With my cars I always get everything involved chassis flex, suspension, and tires. I really believe some setups tend to work more of one thing than the other two a balanced setup is a car that wins. Try making the mod car the more planted and safe car. Make the stock slightly more edgy but something easy to drive over the course of six minutes. It's a terrible fact but a controllable loose car is a fast car.