R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 12-10-2012, 01:16 PM
BmainStar
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Oh i see yea il try the inside hole than once i get a new servo for the SCTE.

Feint: I have a local indoor carpet offroad track thank god ! No racing in the winter sucks big time .
Winter? whats that?We get some good rain and what not, but really not a true winter here...Ok (pours Salt into wound)...I can drive inside of one hour and hit,OCRC,WCRC,LRH,COYOTE HOBBIES,TONYS HOBBIES,IERC.AIRLAND HOBBIES.( All indoor tracks!!!!).....Oh wait theirs more..Outdoor within an hour,,PEGASUS HOBBIES.REVALATION RACEWAY,HEMET,THUNDER ALLEY...O h ya and one indoor carpet on road track bout half an hour a way!!!..Soo Spoiled..(wrings Hands together)Cheers!!!

Originally Posted by goehm
If I recall, Aaron Lane's setup was popular for trucks that haven't gone on a diet (weigh close to stock). Ryan Dunford's (hacker) is very similar, but geared towards lighter trucks. You can then tweak for track and driving style. I use about 80% of Hacker's (I have a rear mount battery) and really only adjust tires between tracks - so you can probably find one and just stick with it.
Thats what I have done,found one set up that feels good just about everywhere and just stick with it.I see people chasing set ups when it is more likely too much throttle and the wrong or worn tires.Just cuz the track feels weird on the first couple packs I dont go moving shock locations and start chasing my tail..Seems to work fine for me where they are at!I too run a similar Dunford set up just different shock locations.