R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 12-08-2012, 12:23 AM
hitcharide1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hm

Originally Posted by jeff whiting
I am trying to figure out what my 11 year old son will race next year.

We attended the Snow Ball race in Cinci a few weeks ago and Das 1/8th Mopar was kind enough to let my son drive his P8C for a qualifier and of course my son loved it and wants one. I think it could be a good car for him and would keep the maintenance down for me. The down side is, with several cars to look after this means I have to have another starter box and at least a few bits and pieces to keep it running. Or I could keep him in a touring car again this year or I have even kicked around the idea of putting him in a 4WD with a lower end motor and hope he does not get run over in the back strait.

He might just have the most fun running a pan car with some of the other guys his age but I guess I am concerned he would not get to run at some of the races outside of the Midwest Series.

Our next race will be at the Florida WinterNats in February so I have a little time to kick it around. What do you all think?

Jeff
Well...on the one hand I could hook you up with a relatively inexpensive 4wd. Absolutely no problem.

On the other hand, as my friend Dave has found out, running in a heat with Rick and Ted can get real interesting just trying to stay out of their way. It's a hell of a learning curve for the newbie or beginner.

And on another hand (yep, there's three, must be genetic) pan is a little slower, not as competitive, and the Burlings seem to have enough spares on hand to keep everyone moving. My two cents worth, I'd put him in pan for a year to get some seasoning and have a little fun....