R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:15 PM
CristianTabush
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
It's almost as if the pins are too short. They weren't breaking, just coming out during an impact. I'm gonna revisit making the Tamiya DCJ's work.

I finally broke a c-hub last night. I think I caught an axle on a flapper.

I didn't have a great night with the car to be honest. I was chasing electronics issues all night (turned out to be a sensor wire) and that kinda put me behind the curve making setup adjustments. The grip was up and I thought the car was worse for it. Pushed a bit in the sections where I needed a lot of steering. I need to spend some time working on the setup in higher traction.
Our XRAY DCJs/ TC6 V2 DCJs will arrive in like 10 days. We will sell the parts separately. The coupling is interchangeable with the yokomo ones and it uses captured pins. We have a guy locally running them and he has had success with changing the parts over. I have been running the V2 DCJs in my RSD6 for about 3 months running modified on the same set of DCJs. Karl Hoffmeister ran the Proto XRAYs for a good while with great success in blinky 13.5 and 17.5 with even a little bit of mod in there.

In my case pin failures were not an issue, but rather just wear from heavy usage running mod 2x per week for 2-3 months at a time. Usually at this point it's time to rebuild the unit. The coupling is usually the part I do not need to replace.