R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 06:43 AM
IndyHobbies.com
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
is there a reason for not running the driver figure...just asking...Ive run one since VTA was started even before the rule..
To answer your question from my standpoint, I think for most new racers (including myself at the time I started) a driver figure was ONE MORE THING that I had to buy. The LHS didn't stock anything remotely close to what I needed so I was on my own to find one. Honestly, a driver figure seemed like a subtle nuance to me at the time (like saying you must use the window wiper decals for example), so when our track Director said it wasn't necessary for local VTA racing, I quit worrying about a driver figure in seconds.

Of course for the offical USVTA events, if its a requirement, its a requirement. I don't suggest for any reason that it shouldn't be. Anybody who's into VTA enough to attend an official event I'm sure doesn't mind the driver requirement.

I know others will disagree with this, but I think as long as the proportions of the "driver" are close to 1/10th scale, I enjoy seeing and using unique/funny drivers. Just adds more fun to the class IMO. I'm running a skull driver right now in my 69 Camaro. I think he (yes, I checked...) looks great in there.

If the rules were super specific that it had to be a scale scale driver, that would be a bummer I think. Of course, that's just my opinion... My wife has explained to me on many occasions that my opinion is usually wrong before I even say it!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SkullDriverCamaroVTA.JPG
Views:	845
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	1001358  

Last edited by IndyHobbies.com; 12-07-2012 at 06:56 AM.