R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya M chassis? Worth the build?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 05:46 AM
Jongrill
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by c-lyon
Also check out www.rc-mini.net.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by jmellipse
Buy a fwd (the m-03 is still very capable !) and find some local racing. Best and cheapest fun you will ever have on-road ;-)
I was looking at A M05

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Just completely different to 4WD Touring Cars. If you've never driven them, then don't worry. Yes, steering, throttle control, wheel spin/traction. All different, but all good fun (once you get the tyre selection right for the surface you're running on)
Never driven one so I think I'm in fir a treat! Only driven 4WD cars

Originally Posted by orcadigital
We just started a mini class at our local track and it has been great so far. I built up an M05 and it was a fun build. I had a large supply of hex head 3mm screws to replace most of the phillips ones that come with the kit and I pretapped the holes in the plastics (more durable in my experience, plus better with my carpal tunnel). Only non-stock items so far are the titanium king pins (mostly due to them not being phillips heads) and a set of left over plastic (but oil filled) Sakura shocks and the Tamiya short TC springs to go with.

Car is a hoot, and with the stock setup (adjusted ride height so the lower suspension arms are flat), the thing was cake to drive. It's slow (new unbroken in motor and a questionable nimh battery), but was a blast.
AWESOME! Looks like I'm going to build a stock one for now. What do you plan on doing to the car?