R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:11 PM
6376vette
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Hey Chris, I wouldnt get upset about this topic, or any...I believe its healthy for the class as long as we keep it under control and take in opinions...we need to hear what racers across the Nation are doing in every club....even with my traveling and others, we cant be at every club/track...so it helps to bring things up like this so ppl can chime in to offer experience and opinions

Rob, Eric and others read this all the time and take it all in. No different the ESC,Bodies, and other things about the class...it all gets absorbed
I would agree that discussion is healthy except......

take this as you will. as an ex vta racer, this kind of stuff is why I left. there seems to be two sets of rules. the written rules and the rc tech rules. as a current outsider to this class it seems that vta has problem following the vta rules. The soaking of tires, not following the cut line on the bodies etc. these types of things are illegal by the written rules but ok by the rc tech rules. why? No consistency. Now we are on to the fan issue.......again. Maybe if the written rules reflected what has been discussed numerous times on this forum then the confusion would be a lot less however the written rules don't get updated often enough. No wonder everyone is chasing their tails confused and dizzy all of the time.

I read this discussion daily trying to find a reason to try vta again and its just not there.