R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher cars?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 04:00 PM
teeforb
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
As I said, this is back when the sv2 was new and the cat sx2 had just been replaced by the sx3. The orings were crap, leaked a lot, always muddy fluids on rebuilds every couple race days, shock insides peeling (defective batch which was replaced by schumie), shafts giving up the gold coating pretty fast near the ball end actually which equates to too much slop and sideways scraping near cartridge.

And the springs ooh man, the weight written in tiny fonts on the top where the spring collar scrapes it off so fast. The springs were so damn heavy because of the number of coils in it. Could never set proper ride height with the tuning spring kits, they sold long medium and short. Ball mount for rear lower shocks meant they kept popping out.

Agreed putting kyosho X rings (or northie UK orings), replacing ball cup with front style lower mounts, HD bladders or emulsion, loctite on lower cartridge, kyosho xgear springs & lower holders they are comparable to kyosho. Out of the box even the durango shocks are better no doubt about it and with just upgrading to kyosho x rings really really nice. Just my 0.02

And I will still end up buying the cat k1 (75/25 between the cat and the xray 4wd) :P
no brainer! cat k1

Don't get me wrong, xray quality is nice. I just feel that are lacking innovation. I owned the 2010 808 E... I was not impressed with innovation.