R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What E-Truggy are you running
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 02:17 PM
blade329
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iknow2
sorry if there is already a thread on this

currently i have teckno losi 8t truggy and not to excited about it and ready to move away from losi so i wanted to get a taste of what everybody is running out there. so i have a better choice in mind to get
I have had two different Truggies to compare with. I used to own and race an Associated RC8Te CE truggy. I now run a Losi 8ight-Te 2.0, with Tekno V4. I like the Losi better. More durable and handles just as well. Are you sure you just don't have it tuned properly???

I thought the RC8Te drove pretty darn good, but fragile as hell. It's biggest flaw, which became a deal breaker for me, is its tendency to bend CVA's. They are not cheap to replace and they cause a lot of vibration in the drive train. Not good at all!!!! In addition to that, I've had a shock shaft snap, hub break, turnbuckle snap, chassis brace break, etc. It's NOT durable.

I know some people who drive a D8T (Nitro). They like it, but it has a tendency to be fragile as well. You might want to consider the Mugen MBX6T. Those are supposed to be pretty good.