R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ta04r...
Thread: Ta04r...
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2002, 08:41 PM
KiwiKid
Tech Regular

Are you asking in respect of the entire chassis or just the chassis decks (both upper and lower)?

They don't actually share the same of everything - the "R" has torque bars (which are those reinforcing arms that you are referring to) and hardened carbon reinforced uprights at the rear. The bumpers are also different. The "BE" has blue aluminium steering arms whereas the "R" retains the plastic arms. The "R" has turnbuckles for everything, whereas the "BE" doesn't. It is for these reasons that I took the "R" and upgraded it to the "BE" with all blue parts. I also replaced all the screws with "hex" screws and blue washers. I agree that the blue parts make the car look way better.

Oh and one last thing, both the "R" and the "BE" come with yellow colour coded springs, but the "R" comes with f/r yellow stabilizers whereas the "BE" comes with normal silver f/r stabilisers. The "BE" also includes the old "Gold" coloured springs as well.

By the way, have the Toronto Maple Leafs won the decider?

Originally posted by Iso Octane
How is the "R" the better chassis over the "Blue"?

They share the same.... everything. The only difference is that the "R" has those reinforcing arms which extend from the upper carbon deck to the front (hub carriers?). Don't tell me those things make that dramatic of a difference in handling

The "R" would be the better buy though, it comes with the spring set and stabilizer set.

But but but, the Blue is just oh so much prettier

Last edited by KiwiKid; 05-14-2002 at 08:45 PM.