R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 08:49 AM
robk
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jsr555
Just after a little advice on which Tamiya F1 to get. I finally have an excuse to get an F1 car but with no local racing to see what people are using.. I've turned to the forum. And apologise if these questions have been answered before.

I will probably be running 21.5 blinky on foam tyres on a low grip carpet. I was looking at the F104 Pro. Seems to have a couple of upgrades over the basic F104, which you would probably want sooner rather than later, so seems better value.. or what of the Pro Version 2, I notice that the back end is considerably different to the F104 Pro...

Are there many 'essentual' upgrades you need for the F104 Pro?

I'm leaning towards the F104 Pro, with body and wings it seems like good value over the version 2... Any thoughts?

You'll still want an aluminum motor mount for the Pro. If you can find a Black Special, that has the motor mount too and a body. But remember, either one of those cars has the older style body with the smaller wings. I don't know if there is a huge difference, but it's something to think about.

The V2 has a lot of nice stuff on it, but again no motor mount (why Tamiya why??). Some of the other stuff like the graphite braces are not really necessary.

I think that the V2 is the better car, but other people feel differently. I like the greater tuning options. I also feel like the car is smoother driving.