R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Any recommendations on versatile 1/10 on-road chassis?
Old 12-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Odin544
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I bought the sakura zero s for VTA just to try and be as cheap as possible. It's a decent running car now that I have all the small issues sorted out. It's not a car IMO that a newbie can really build as is and run. At least not the one I bought. The shocks are the biggest issue for me. 3 of the four shocks leaked all the oil out within a day of building them. This was not my first TC build and certainly not the first set of shocks I've built. I tried again and the same 3 shocks leaked all the oil out again. I got a set of aluminum Xray shocks from a local Xray driver for dirt cheap so I put those on instead. But to get the proper ride height I had to buy the taller shock towers. Then there is the motor mount. If you are trying to run a 17.5-25.5 motor good luck. You will be replacing that as well. All in all I'm still under $200 bucks into it. It's really no big deal if you are comfortable building cars or modifying them. If you are a newbie though I'd say look else where. I think the TC4 would be the best all around beginner car to be honest.