R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna DM-1 Spec Electric 1/8 Gt OnRoad
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 08:53 PM
IvVaum
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Alright folks...i figure i'd share this with u guys and ask for some advice...should i cut out the body and use the HPI wheels n tires or should i go with stock?...

my plan is to retro fit as much traxxas parts as i can on this chassis...now this is how the X0-1 should have been built...those HIP wheels seems huge...but for some reason...they look great on my Revo (which is 1/10th scale???)...i figure a 1/7th scale onroad car should at least have some decent beefy wheels...no?...i may cut out the body to see how sexy the fit looks...

i specifically purchased this because to me...it's a clone of the Revo...only more finessed...more elegant...and sexy as hell...those Revo like cantilever suspensions...totally giving me a boner...i paid a pretty penny to get that setup...but it is well worth it...

i removed all the nitro junk...will be ordering a RC monster single speed setup...and will be outfitting it with a Tenshock X812 6 pole sensored motor and tekin rx8 esc...i'm gonna build a custom under armor panel ala X01...and i'm gonna see if i can reach 150+ on this thing...yeah...i know...it's an outrageous number...but...u gotta dream big right?...ha ha...