R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STRC Slash 4x4 LCG chassis coming soon
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 07:47 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Additonal info on the LCG chassis

Steve posted that he has added some additional information on his website for when building your new chassis setup.

The bearing for the rear mount will be tight on the tolerance as to make sure the bearing don't move around. It must be pushed in straight as any angle will make it a lot harder to get the bearing in.

You will have a little play back and forth between the diff/slipper so it won't bind the tranny and you take a huge hit on the rear of the truck. If you want to shim that up a little it can be done with .05mm shims from the wheel axle, slip it on the end of the center diff where it goes into the rear gear box and thats it.

For the motor on most Castle sized motors and 550 canned motors they have different motor mounting holes on the can so you normally just need to rotate the can til you get a pair of matching holes. All standard motors like the Castle 1406, 1410 series and all 550 cans will have holes on the can that fit every standard size motor mount made from almost every possible vehicle on the market including the new STRC mount. Nothing funny on that part of the install.

ESC wise you should have plenty of room after the motor for the esc to fit between the motor and servo. Like me when I put my new chassis on I will have to move my electronics around some to get the look I want. Everyone will be different on this.