R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ofna DM-1 Spec Electric 1/8 Gt OnRoad
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 05:07 PM
IvVaum
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

can u edumacate me as to why u think the cantilever suspension would limit travel?...i specifically bought a DM1 with dual front/rear cantilever suspension because i like that Traxxas Revo look and feel...i love the low profile suspension travel and that was the only reason why i went the route i did...i like the dm1-e..but...hated that tower suspension and would never go that route...

and if u want to go offroad rally...i wouldn't do a dm1 conversion...i didn't want to convert my revo-e to gt onroad because they're two very different cars...that's why i bought the dm1...it's great to tinker with if ur a gearhead and want to be different...but...this dm1 to me...is purely onroad...it would never withstand the bashing like a revo would...and the revo would never have the finesse that this dm1 would onroad...but...just my two cents...

Originally Posted by alexchen86
I have so many builds going on it's ridiculous lol. But at least I won't get bored working on just one thing...downside is nothing gets completed efficiently!

I'm just brainstorming here, and wondering what I would need to turn the our DM-1 Spec E's into an off-road rally car that would also handle tarmac decently as well. The front end being a canti design would limit definitely my travel. Also the exposed chassis would easily pick up debris but I can certainly cover that up with custom cut lexan and dirt shields.

Anyone have some ideas on how I can do this conversion? Also body wise would be a tad difficult to find.

Our wheelbase sits right at 324mm. Wheelbase for any Inferno GT2 is 360mm. Wheelbase for Inferno GT1 is 325mm so I was thinking using the Subaru IGT1 shell?

Or the IGT1 BMW M3 shell would look okay for rally.

Anyone else have ideas?