R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 06:27 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
Interesting tire choice...

Can you comment on why you chose a synthetic front with the Mag rears? Is this a setup choice specific to the XTi?
That tire combo only worked with my XTi.

When I ran my Xi, I ran magenta/magenta or grey-low/chrome.

Let me start off by saying, my home track typically has alot of traction!

My first time out with the XTi I had magenta/magenta with the stock kit set up. The car over rotated and was hard to drive. I went to all the other tire combos and didn't have the feel I wanted. So, I changed a few things with the chassis (added a front brace, raised the outside mounts of the side tubes, and lightened the side springs). The car felt much easier to drive, so I went back to trying different tires. The black fronts have more stearing then the greys or chromes and wore less, so I stuck with them. I tried grey-low and yellow rears, they were OK, but they wore fairly fast. So I tossed magenta rears on and the traction felt good and the tires didn't wear as badly.

It's an odd combo, but with the chassis set up and high traction it worked.
I ran 2 sets of tires all weekend at the Champs.
I started them at 1.68" rears and 1.64" fronts. Each run I would rotate the sets and skim them on the truer. I ran 6 practice runs, 4 quals, and a main on 2 sets. The main set was at 1.66" rears and 1.62" fronts.
I used a safety bead of super glue and that was it

Last edited by sg1; 11-29-2012 at 08:33 AM.