R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Direct Drive Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:03 AM
heretic
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
I also ran two f103gt's with nitro foams and one with a 6t brushed motor, and the second one with a Novak 3.5R... They were both faster than 8th scales down the straight, and I could only run 40shore fronts, and a combo in the rear of 40shore on the outside left, and 38shore on the inside right... The rear was planted with that combo and trinity red dot tire sauce. I had to switch to a 12ball ball diff, using kimbrough 48p gears, reamed to fit tamiya Bearings.... I have since learned that my cars can go even faster when I switched from maxamps 20C packs to thunderpower 65C packs.... I have to choose the tracks I run on carefully, so I don't crash.... Blue diamond seems interesting, but that will be for summertime......
Yeah right. You can use all the foam tires you want, sauce them as much as you want, a f103gt will never be even close to driveable with that sort of HP. You *might* be able to make a fast straight line but the car would be an absolute shoebox everywhere else. The only guys who could use that kind of power on a pan car are the Germans/Dutch still running pro10 and they have 235 mm cars, tons of experience and high downforce bodies.

That being said I would love to be proven wrong by a video of yours.